• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 Completed

Armada

Thought I'd post a few before and after pics of the M146 refurb. Was hoping to have it ready for the Clare Michigan show a couple weeks ago but didn't make it. This is going to be our new deer camp trailer. The deuce just didn't quite have enough room. We will be able to get EVERYTHING in this trailer and still have room.
I got all of my paint from the local PPG shop. I stressed the tan needed to be flat but it turned out more of a low luster satin. Oh well, at least it will clean up easier.
I used a 2 part epoxy primer and the trailer took 2 coats. About a gallon of paint mixed 2:1 gave me 2 gallons of primer. PPG didn't have the recipe for the FSN color so they did a computer match of the truck color. The job took 2 coats of color. I used 2 gallons of color, mixed with catalyst and hardener. I did not paint the top of the trailer as it is coated in silver roof sealer. Seemed like the little details of the resto took the most time, like putting in new marker lights, prepping all the small pieces and parts, drilling out old corroded bolts and screws, etc. I enjoy it though, it is relaxing and theraputic for me.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Armada, I'd like to be the first to ask you to leave Steel Soldiers…….

Your continued excellence is making all of us look bad! rofl

As always, an outstanding job and real attention to detail.

Bravo :beer:

Armada

The inside just got a good cleaning, plugged holes in the floor where cabinets or racks were mounted, fixed screens and windows, stripped and painted the ceiling, etc. I'd still like to paint the walls and floor yet. Maybe add a couple fold down bunks that attach to the side walls.

Attachments

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks, You gotta have bunks. I have a 7X14 I take over on Cape Lookout on a ferry fishing .. I call it the Dawg Hse. I`d love to have your`s over there for some serious surf fishing .. Great Job

ida34

Paul,
Are those two bullet holes in the back door or did you paint two dents to look like bullet holes? Very nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks