• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 to a good home

50shooter

Hey guys, long story short. A guy that use to live near my town in Illinois saw an article in the newspaper about my Dad and I rebuilding M35's. He called from Tucson AZ and offered me his 1942 GMC 6x6. He isn't sure if it is a M211 or what but from the sounds of it, it may very well be. The truck is located in the Tucson area and is complete minus the front drive shaft. The engine is there but in the rebuild process. He is knowledgable and has aquired some interesting engine pcs i.e. 261 head for a 270 w/ a 300 pan. From his description, the interior needs replaced and the bed is a flat bed but the truck has zero rust. It once was in the Airizone Air Guard.

We hadn't established a price because once I found out the trucking cost to get it to IL, it stopped me cold.

He seems like a great guy that really wants the truck restored and not scrapped. It ran when he got it but had a rod out or something and life happened and hasn't gotten to it for 20 years or so.

PM me if you want more info. and I can give you his name and number.

Thanks
Jason

gunboy1656

Well if its a 42 GMC i doubt its an M211, since they were not made that early. Maybe a 1952.

Wish i could help, but i already have an M220/211 conversion sitting in a field. willeither sell mine or fix it back to a 220, when i get the funding.

Last edited: