• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

?M275A2 Trailer?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been driving by this trailer for sale for months. Everytime I see it I think how nice that would have been when I had my M275A2. Looks a little rugged and needs some tires but the layout is pretty cool. Asking I believe was $3500. 2 fuzzy cell pics!

Attachments

AMGeneral

Are you serious about getting rid of the drop deck? If so how much?

I'm looking for something non overwidth to put behind the 915A1,I already have a M172A1 25 ton,but the ramps and 115 inch wide deck are a problem when you want to go out of state on a regular basis.

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no way of moving either Sir! My M275A2 has long since departed my AO.
Okay. Nevermind. :)

Are you serious about getting rid of the drop deck? If so how much?
Not really looking at getting rid of it, just trying to downsize. It's more trailer then I'll ever need (don't feel like paying an extra $500 a year for tags plus the HVUT in order to haul as much as it can handle) and the extra weight of the trailer just adds weight that could be used for hauling another truck. Would like to trade it for something like a 15 to 20 ton drop deck with ramps. But if someone were to offer me a decent price I might be open to selling it.

Ruppster

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I need to move that like I need a hole in the head. Tho, I do like it!:beer:

AMGeneral

Okay. Nevermind. :)

Not really looking at getting rid of it, just trying to downsize. It's more trailer then I'll ever need (don't feel like paying an extra $500 a year for tags plus the HVUT in order to haul as much as it can handle) and the extra weight of the trailer just adds weight that could be used for hauling another truck. Would like to trade it for something like a 15 to 20 ton drop deck with ramps. But if someone were to offer me a decent price I might be open to selling it.

Ruppster
I wouldn't mind the weight,as long as it isn't overwidth, the 172A1 weighs 16,500 lbs empty,but I doubt that is what you would want,at about 10 feet wide permits are required anytime you want to move it.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't mind the weight,as long as it isn't overwidth, the 172A1 weighs 16,500 lbs empty,but I doubt that is what you would want,at about 10 feet wide permits are required anytime you want to move it.

Sent you a PM as I don't want to hijack someone else's thread. :)

Ruppster

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, hijack away. Was just posting an interesting trailer. Takes a whole lot more than that to get under my skin.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. It's just that I don't like it when others do it to my threads so I try to show the same respect to others. :)

Ruppster

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The red trailer looks to have about a 20 to 22 foot deck and about 6 to 7 feet of beavertail. As far as capacity I would guess 12 to 15 tons.

Ruppster