• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M328 heading to new home

OSO

5/4/11 Quarkz showed up in Oso ,WA to ready his new M328 Bridging truck for transport . Plans were made plans were changed ,transportation setup then changed . (I didn't know the truck was oversized load) New transportation set up. Wed ,then to Thurs , back to Wed. Were transfering items from M328 to pickup. Drivers showed up didn't see me waving at them by the truck. got a phone call from dispatcher told where we were. Driver called didn't see the truck, ( I said it's an army truck you're not supposed to see them they are camo. ) Brought the landoll trailer to L/Z took a few pics . Then the fun started. pulled on the trailer ,too much handing off to one side, was given instructions to back off trailer. Note mirrors off for transport. Backed off trailer, was waiting for instructions for realinging to approach trailer kept backing up ,, felt something ,paused small noise backed up more more noise louder. Got out found out backed into tow truck, that was parked further back when I started to load onto trailer . Tow truck pulled up closer while I was on the trailer . Bent tail light on M328 ,punched hole in fiber glass truck hood. Well truck was loaded up and left at 10:30 am PST arrived in Kenniwick WA. 4:14 PM PST
some pics. Quarkz Tony in pic 3275 ,3276 Myself crying in 3277 losing a friend. Damage to tail light3269 ,water sampling port in oilpan 3279. Had a good lunch ,Tony headed back to the dry side .

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many thanx to Kevin. Good to meet another resourceful, hording MV collector. :grin:

Lots of work to do , but a great platform to do them on. Kevin just kept pulling out part after part, to give me, for the truck. Lots of great used spares and even more new parts.
Apparently the only part he was missing was 'time to work on the truck the way he wanted to'. :-(

In the deal was the longest slave cable I have had the pleasure to witness. Now I can jump a vehicle around the corner and down the block if I have to, 80 feet long.

So here are my pics of the slave cable, after Oso's truck arrived at the ranch, and with little bob. That is the difference between a 10 foot and 20 foot bed.

Thanx again Kevin.

Attachments

Last edited:

srodocker

holy cow!!! so i told the gf to plan a trip for august. and she said its up to me well were going to eastern wa somewhere. defiantly stopping by your compound shoot maybe to pick up my 6 door deuce? hahahah

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be here except for NWMF 2011 (northwest mogfest).
Question is are you going to have your camper trailer done by then. :p

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuild, repaint, restore.

Since Kevin singled it out on 16x20's the only thing left to make it easy to drive on the road is to squeeze the bed.
I would like to section the bed.
Cut a strip out of the two sides, so it still has the same appearance but can drive without an over sized load permit.

But there are a couple projects in line in front of her. So at least she will start to dry out. Most of the moss has fallen off now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks