• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 compressor mounting/exploded view

1944mb

I have an oil leak somewhere originating from my air compressor. I am wondering if the bottom of the compressor allows the oil to drain back to the crankcase-just a speculation on my part. Where is the best spot to find an exploded view

Barrman

Probably the -34P TM. There is a gasket between the bottom of the compressor and the mount.

I was helping someone recover a truck 700 miles away years ago. It had a bad starter that we didn’t want to use again after the initial start. After about an hour on the road we noticed a little oil on the drivers fender. It never really grew and 12 hours of not turning the truck off later. The leak hadn’t grown and there was still plenty of oil in the engine.

1944mb

Probably the -34P TM. There is a gasket between the bottom of the compressor and the mount.

I was helping someone recover a truck 700 miles away years ago. It had a bad starter that we didn’t want to use again after the initial start. After about an hour on the road we noticed a little oil on the drivers fender. It never really grew and 12 hours of not turning the truck off later. The leak hadn’t grown and there was still plenty of oil in the engine.
Did you find out where the oil was coming from>?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the new gasket, make sure the round holes at the end , for the oil passages, are open. I have seen gaskets where these were not fully perforated. Your compressor would not enjoy the oil starvation. Just look at the bottom of the compressor foot plate and see the oil holes. There needs to be a corresponding hole in the gasket.