• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Hillbilly Trailer?

jh1990

Prolly most of us have thought of this at one time or another. When I get a XLWB M809 to convert into a motorhome, whether it's a -14 or a -20, I want to mount the old body on a pair of 5 Ton trailer axles with a new frame and a semi-permanently mounted set of drawbars. Of course, I'd have gone with Battleship Gray if I'd had my druthers, RidgeRunner.

Serious technical question, with a cargo bed rigged up as a trailer like this, is there an easy way to make it a dump bed for materials while leaving it hitched to the tow rig, or better yet, drop the rear on the ground so a car or small truck could be driven (or winched) up into the bed like a redneck RORO?

And this is redneck engineering par excellence.
i agree, great looking trailer, and as far as the dump bed goes i believe a good while back a member here was building a trailer out of a deuce chassis and thru the words of others was trying to make it a dump and a powered unit. he was planning on running a drive shaft from the rear output flange on his deuce to the trailer axles so it'd be able to push and pull itself