• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Insurance in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPFINN

Hello all

It seems my family is the one of the only few in Upper Michigan who own a M35A2. Not suprising due to low population and no air force bases or GL auction lots. After my father and I got our deuce we found most insurance companies and agents up here did not even know what the truck was. We ended up with a commercial policy through State Farm with a 5k mile cap for $600. I believe it is full coverage. Will not allow just liability. Seems like he could have got a better deal. The issue has been compounded due Upper Michigans inflated prices, poor roads, and poor weather.

Browsing around on the web, it seems folks down in Lower Michigan are getting great insurance rates and coverage, even with multiple family members and teen drivers. I believe it is due to the higher concentrations of deuce owners, thanks to the many trucks that have been sold by GL in Lansing, and a need for farm vehicles.

Therefore, we are searching for cheaper insurance downstate. I would appreciate some input on companies or agents that know what the M35A2 actually is and will insure at a cheaper rate, even if it is just for liability.

We could get a commercial policy with no mile cap for $800, which is pretty good (commercial insurance for my buddies new extended cab dually is $3000 :shock:) however we do not plan to use the truck for commercial purposes this year.

steelandcanvas

Not trying to be rude, but there are countless threads about insurance for Deuces, and has been covered ad naseum. Grab a cold, frosty adult beverage and do a search for insurance, plenty of reading.

buckwheato2

Hello all

It seems my family is the one of the only few in Upper Michigan who own a M35A2. Not suprising due to low population and no air force bases or GL auction lots. After my father and I got our deuce we found most insurance companies and agents up here did not even know what the truck was. We ended up with a commercial policy through State Farm with a 5k mile cap for $600. I believe it is full coverage. Will not allow just liability. Seems like he could have got a better deal. The issue has been compounded due Upper Michigans inflated prices, poor roads, and poor weather.

Browsing around on the web, it seems folks down in Lower Michigan are getting great insurance rates and coverage, even with multiple family members and teen drivers. I believe it is due to the higher concentrations of deuce owners, thanks to the many trucks that have been sold by GL in Lansing, and a need for farm vehicles.

Therefore, we are searching for cheaper insurance downstate. I would appreciate some input on companies or agents that know what the M35A2 actually is and will insure at a cheaper rate, even if it is just for liability.

We could get a commercial policy with no mile cap for $800, which is pretty good (commercial insurance for my buddies new extended cab dually is $3000 :shock:) however we do not plan to use the truck for commercial purposes this year.
i went with:
http://www.americancollectors.com/

cost like $140 for 12 months of full coverage ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks