• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2c transmission removed

RWG

I had to remove my transmission today because of missing teeth on one of the gears. After removal, I noticed the throught out bearing was very loose. This truck has 9500 miles on it and I am now wondering if I should replace the clutch and pressure plate at this time. Any thoughts from you guys who have been down this road many times. As always, a tight budget is in effect here in east Texas.

thanks
rg

Great advice... take some time and look at the rear main seal on the engine, the clutch components and the tranny seal, both seals can slowly leak and cause a mess as well as pains later on. If it looks like theres wear in the clutch, or leaks in the seals, its best to fix'em now while you have things apart. just my 2 cents.. hope it helps.