• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 question

klawrence

I have owned a M35A2 and I loved it , I am now researching a M35A3. I know the difference with the engines,tranny, tires etc. yet do the M35A3s have the same single point of failure brake systesm that the M35A2 had ie no split between axles/tires where as if one cylinder blew , you had no brakes???

Thanks

EXITNOONE

A3 brakes also bite like a mad dog. you can practically stand the truck on it's nose like a motorcycle stunt if you get on them hard enough at low speeds....

ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the brakes in my A3 work like they mean business.

lonegunman

Great brakes. Most A3 owners here have had good luck with their trucks, they are low hours and in pretty solid shape right out of the gate. CTIS systems usually suck, when they work they are great, when they die it is best to leave the off and air tires the old fashioned way. Tires are another concern on long parked trucks. They could have sat flat for years and have side wall issues. The 14.5X20 is not common and most guys are on the look out for reasonably priced tires all the time.

My truck had two brand new 2008 dated fronts and the original 4 rears, the rears have a little bit of sun checking and 60-70% tread. 5 of 6 hold air just fine, one leaks down about 30 pounds every two weeks.

BleedDemon

What is the purpose of the new front end? Looks like panels have covered the original location of the headlights and the headlights have been relocated to the fenders. Does this offer some sort of advantage? Or is it pertinent to the installation of new equipment (i.e. cat 3116, power steering, etc.)?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new front end sheet metal is the result of adding the Cat engine , with the need for more room for the cooling RAD's . The hood is actually the same , but stretched , the filler metal in the middle . Alot of the common stuff is the same 40+ year old stuff as the A2.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes ,they do take a little to get used to for sure , and of course what to do with your left foot , it's lost with nothing to do !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks