• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37B1 to air on "MY CLASSIC CAR"

"BUDD", a Dodge M37B1 owned by Doug and Kelli Crickey of Dawsonville, GA who displayed the truck at the June 2010 Star City Motor Madness Show and Rally at Roanoke, VA were honored when the truck was chosen along with 4 other vehicles at the Rally to be aired on MY CLASSIC CAR hosted by Dennis Gage on the SPEED channel.

Doug notified us today that the show will air on the SPEED channel:

Sunday April 10 at 10 pm eastern / 7 pm pacific

Tuesday April 12 at 3 pm eastern / 12 pm pacific

Sunday April 24 at 9:30 am eastern / 6:30 am pacific

M Series Rebuild was priviledged to be chosen to build the "BUDD" custom for Doug And Kelli. Needless to say, we were also honored when the truck was selected as 1 of 5 vehicles from nearly 500 entries to air on this segment.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Last edited:

AN/GRC-46

"BUDD", a Dodge M37B1 owned by Doug and Kelli Crickey of Dawsonville, GA who displayed the truck at the June 2010 Star City Motor Madness Show and Rally at Roanoke, VA were honored when the truck was chosen along with 4 other vehicles at the Rally to be aired on MY CLASSIC CAR hosted by Dennis Gage on the SPEED channel.

Doug notified us today that the show will air on the SPEED channel:

Sunday April 10 at 10 pm eastern / 7 pm pacific

Tuesday April 12 at 3 pm eastern / 12 pm pacific

Sunday April 24 at 9:30 am eastern / 6:30 am pacific

M Series Rebuild was priviledged to be chosen to build the "BUDD" custom for Doug And Kelli. Needless to say, we were also honored when the truck was selected as 1 of 5 vehicles from nearly 500 entries to air on this segment.

Check it out if you get a chance.
My local listings do not show the M37 to be the subject on any of these show dates.

We simply don't know what editors may or may not have chosen for the actual show. We were informed by Doug, the truck's owner that the show at which the interview and filming took place will air on the 10th at 10pm. I do know that there were 4 other vehicles at the same rally who's owner's were interviewed as well. While we do not know anything certain, Doug is assuming each featured vehicle may be a short segment of the show. I'm simply passing on info as relayed to me.

I've been told by some frequent show viewers that it was shown on some preview clips a while back as part of the upcoming show while you say you can't find it in listings. Show officials are not at all free with information about upcoming new shows. Guess we'll all see whether it is or is not when we watch the show tonight.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nicely done truck but not my style. I enjoy my MVs because I can paint them in the driveway without having to worry about how shiney it turns out and I'm not afraid to get it a little dirty. I've got a '57 Ford F100 in my shop that I've been dragging around for 19 years (and 12 moves) and have never driven more than 100 yards because I'm not "finished" with it yet. I've had my deuce for 2.5 years and I've put several thousand miles on it.

To each his own and I'm all for him doing to his truck what he wants to do but the wife's M37 is staying olive "drab" not olive shiney.

Nicely done truck but not my style. I enjoy my MVs because I can paint them in the driveway without having to worry about how shiney it turns out and I'm not afraid to get it a little dirty. I've got a '57 Ford F100 in my shop that I've been dragging around for 19 years (and 12 moves) and have never driven more than 100 yards because I'm not "finished" with it yet. I've had my deuce for 2.5 years and I've put several thousand miles on it.

To each his own and I'm all for him doing to his truck what he wants to do but the wife's M37 is staying olive "drab" not olive shiney.
Correct; to each his own. I knew it wouldn't be a hit with the purist and that's ok. This is definitely the highest end military model we have done, exactly per Doug and Kelli's specs. It was fun to build and fun seeing how they loved it in the end. I'm glad they achieved this high honor the very next day after they picked it up from our shop. Heck it made their day, their YEAR!

We get to build many daily drivers, off roaders, and many anywhere in between mild and wild. Proud to have done each and every one; will have to admit though, Doug and Kelli's was indeed a special project.

It will also be featured in Power Wagon Advertiser Magazine; in a 2- part article beginning in the May 2011 issue according to the editor.

Last edited:

AN/GRC-46

We simply don't know what editors may or may not have chosen for the actual show. We were informed by Doug, the truck's owner that the show at which the interview and filming took place will air on the 10th at 10pm. I do know that there were 4 other vehicles at the same rally who's owner's were interviewed as well. While we do not know anything certain, Doug is assuming each featured vehicle may be a short segment of the show. I'm simply passing on info as relayed to me.

I've been told by some frequent show viewers that it was shown on some preview clips a while back as part of the upcoming show while you say you can't find it in listings. Show officials are not at all free with information about upcoming new shows. Guess we'll all see whether it is or is not when we watch the show tonight.
Beautiful truck and nicely done Charles! One small question though - It was restored without the door mounted spare so as to look like it's not a -B1 model, but I note that the tire carrier and lock holes were simply plugged instead of being filled. Reason?

Beautiful truck and nicely done Charles! One small question though - It was restored without the door mounted spare so as to look like it's not a -B1 model, but I note that the tire carrier and lock holes were simply plugged instead of being filled. Reason?
Simple; most people other than purist hate the door spare carrier, and simply do not want to deal with it. The holes were not closed up permanently in the event that some other owner may choose to remount the spare carrier. All this was part of the owners rebuild specs. Most of the trucks we build are done with a request to use the bed mounted spare instead of the door mount.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks