• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 engine ?

honk1e

New guy here. I just got a 1952 M38 jeep. How can I tell or where should I look to find out what engine is in it. I was told by the seller that it was a L134. Just want to verify that before I order any parts for it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if it’s a flathead with 4 spark plugs sticking up out of the head, it’s a 134. To see if you have a M38 military engine, look at the serial number boss near the water pump, a M38 engine will start with “MC”. Regardless the post war flathead Jeep engines are basically the same 1946 until it was discontinued in the 50’s.

honk1e

Well if it’s a flathead with 4 spark plugs sticking up out of the head, it’s a 134. To see if you have a M38 military engine, look at the serial number boss near the water pump, a M38 engine will start with “MC”. Regardless the post war flathead Jeep engines are basically the same 1946 until it was discontinued in the 50’s.
Thank you. I will check that tomorrow.

DeetFreek

New guy here. I just got a 1952 M38 jeep. How can I tell or where should I look to find out what engine is in it. I was told by the seller that it was a L134. Just want to verify that before I order any parts for it.
If it looks anything like this, it's a L134. Willys_MB_(Bild_6_2008-06-14)_Motor.jpeg

Anything else would be incorrect.