• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Windshield Install - HELP!

troy.m38a1

I've got all of the parts, read the manual and US Army Instructions, but I am having a helluva time getting these windshields in. My wife and I literally worked for three frustrating hours today trying to get the first one in to no avail. I used soap, and every trick I know of on top of trying to follow the instructions to the letter.

Does anyone have any tips and/or tricks? I am dying here! I want to drive my jeep!

FrankUSMC

I spent hours on a WWII dodge windshield trying to get the gasket to back on. I gave up! I had spent over 2 hours fighting that gasket......and lost. I decided, before I messed the gasket up, to just bite the bullit and take it to a glass shop. The glass shop useing the CORRET tools had the gasket on in about 5 minutes or less. When I went to pay, the guy only wanted $3.00 because it was so easy!
Take it to a glass shop and save the marrage.
One of the few, Frank