• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51A2 dump truck a video i took today

m816

Nice truck. I have one that we are restoring right now. Just some tin work and a paint job and it will be ready to go. Mine has side boards but not as tall as yours. They are off right now for paint but we will be re instaling them for the finished truck. Looks like you have a good load for the old dog. Thanks for the great video.

jwright

I got mine 2 years ago. wasnt looking for a dump truck at the time but a friend called me up and told me about one that a city had in there street dept. that had not moved in 8 years. They were selling it , so I put a bid in on it and won it for $653. A friend and I went to work on it and had it running in 1 1/2 hours. You should have seen the look on all the faces of guys at the barn when we got it going. Still have some work to do to it

Heres a link of what I have done so far. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/electrical/50821-m51a2-wire-harness.html

Attachments

b4thundr

Nice truck. I have one that we are restoring right now. Just some tin work and a paint job and it will be ready to go. Mine has side boards but not as tall as yours. They are off right now for paint but we will be re instaling them for the finished truck. Looks like you have a good load for the old dog. Thanks for the great video.
hey thanks!! were putting her through her paces. the injection pump i thought was leaking turns out the no. 5 line was leaking through a crack and then it broke completely just a skipping!! so a new line later and she is running great!! no more leaking fuel! so with the amount of smoke coming from the stack do you guys think that the pump is turned up? or is that normal?

b4thundr

do you guys like vids like that? I didnt think anybody would watch it.

b4thundr

I got mine 2 years ago. wasnt looking for a dump truck at the time but a friend called me up and told me about one that a city had in there street dept. that had not moved in 8 years. They were selling it , so I put a bid in on it and won it for $653. A friend and I went to work on it and had it running in 1 1/2 hours. You should have seen the look on all the faces of guys at the barn when we got it going. Still have some work to do to it

Heres a link of what I have done so far. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/electrical/50821-m51a2-wire-harness.html
Sweet man!! thats awesome!! good story!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks