• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M530C Fire Truck Cooling System / Radiator

Hello,

Anyone have some pics of the radiator setup on a 70's M530C fire truck? I'm told the radiator has additional features due to the fire truck functionality. (Engine / Pump cooling, etc.)

I am aware of the louvers for winterization; just most interested in anything making the radiator or other parts of the radiator assembly different than that of a stock M35 radiator of the time period.

Any pictures or drawings would be fantastic. The TM I looked at didn't have the level of specifics that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!

:-D:-D

jasonjc

Sorry can't help , but I'd like too know too. Mine is missing the radiator. I do know the coolant runs thought the water tank to keep it from freezing.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbour has an M530. It's a bit ragged, but complete. I'll go over and take some pictures when I get a chance.

Cheers

fasttruck

difference is in plumbing on engine; fire apparatus have auxiliary cooling capabilities so the engine does not overheat when standing still and pumping.DSC_0033_0058 - Copy - Copy.jpgDSC_0033_0058 - Copy - Copy.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't forgotten you. He's been away, back tomorrow. I don't mess with another man's stuff, even a friend, without asking first!

Cheers