• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m543 clean-up

This is my first post since I got back from Texas in Nov. I didn't see too much there a few hummers a bradley on a float a 5 ton tractor of which I'm unsure but at night I was passed by a 5 ton dump and a duece type on a float. There was paint on the doors so maybe a member got lucky at GL. After a cold winter we finally started to look at the 543 that we just delvered and parked in the fall. It is in remarkable shape for what it does. As for the acorns and pinecones see the pics. We cleaned her up and checked the bins and boy were they loaded. Even the cab was full of stuff. Seems to have the regular cancer problem but nothing we can't fix front right fender/battery box cover and the driver door foot beam. The rest is cosmetic and replacement items We drained the fuel tanks and filter, gassed her up and she started so everything looks good so far. I took pics for the droolers. Next weekend we are going to use the M113 fitter to put the sandblasted primed and painted 50 cal mount on the M113 Lynx C&R. A new elevation pod going in also replacing the seized up one. Enjoy the pics
Smith out

Attachments

houdel

OOOO EEEE! Lotsa neat stuff there! any chance you have a spare three part line snatch block for the crane like you show in IMG_2690.JPG? I sure could use one!