• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m715 brush truck rebuild

Barrman

Since the truck has a v8, all you have to do is put another one in there. A few hours work basically. But, I wouldn't count on it going anywhere very fast. The short shaft is missing, somebody welded a pipe on the rear drive shaft and the electricals look kind of scary. I don't see a radiator either.

The JP article was putting a Chevy/3053A in a M715. Basically, the author picked Spicers brain for a day, wrote the piece and didn't give him any credit. If that is the swap you want to do, the article is a help for about 80% of the stuff you have to do.

I drove my running stock M715 into my shop on a Friday evening and drove the same truck with a 396 big block/NV4500 combination to work the following Monday. Planning ahead makes it possible.

I had the same problem at the same small school in College Station. Twice. One semester it was a Harley 1000 sportster I bought in boxes and assembled. My grades were so bad I had to sell the bike to make up for all the scholarships and grants I lost. A few semesters later it was a Chevy truck rebuild in the Corps Dorm Senior parking lot.

fireman74201

im in need of some pictures or a diagram of how the gear shifter is suposed to be install becuz one of the 4 guys before me that worked on it pull the shifter out

BugEyeBear

Ask over at M715Zone.com & you'll get an answer.

(Nothing against the M715 guys here on SS. But the M715Zone website simply has a single focus)

While you are there...
At the top of the M715Zone webpage is a link to "Online Maintenance Manuals"
M715 Zone

Look in here for the Organizational Maintenance Manual.
Also look at the Direct Support & General Support Maintenence Manual and then look at the Parts Manual.
(Online & download versions are available).
There are diagrams of the trans in the Direct Support & General Support Maintenence Manual and I believe there is a decription of the shifter install in the Organizational Maintenance Manual.

Hope this helps!

-Bear-

Last edited:

spicergear

Good luck on your swap! I've done SBC/3053A, BBC/3053A and 6.2L Diesel/NV4500 into the 715's. Everything fits nice in them! :-D

*if* you can, swap that brake booster over to the 715 too. That's always a nice bonus too-

BugEyeBear

GOOD LUCK & take pictures!!

If you run into any problems post them here & over at M715ZONE.com and you are sure to get lots of suggestions & "expert" advise. You can then pick & choose which advise you want to follow...

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

fireman74201

sorry for taking so long to give you guys an update so i figured i would get u the links to my video of my progess

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L8AGwGj_ZQ[/media]

fireman74201

to give an update
i havent had much time home to work on this truck
did,however, stop by the local machine shop to have them make me a custom clutch actuater for the bulley dog trans that is mated up to the 305
sent anything my way as to help or if u need help

fireman74201

i know its been a while since i have been on, but work and family kinda came first.
so as an update the truck has been locked in a salvage yard and i have not had access to it, was finally able to get a hold of the owner and i'm going to have it hauled to my cousin house to get a stock of what still needs to be done and to get it back on track.
If any one has any spare parts or know where to get them near fort knox, ky plz let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks