• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Tailgate needed -Where are they

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finding an original tailgate in good shape is getting harder to do.

I should have one in storage (I haven't looked in years). I'll look this weekend.

Sold all my M715s and parts. Besides the memories, the tailgate and the spare tire holder are all that is left.

Also check over at www.M715zone.com

KsM715

If you have a "people personality" start asking around at any of the local volunteer fire deptartments that use surplus MV's. Most of them that had an M715 at some point probably removed the tailgate and tossed it in the corner of the barn. That's how I got the tailgate for the M715 that I used to own, only cost me a bottle of "refreshments" for their monthly meeting.

sail78385

Thanks Jeff! Great idea. Unfortunately I can't think if anywhere locally that dealt with M715s. I know that in NC there were many that were used as brush fire trucks but they kept the tailgates on the vehicles -at least they resold them that way. I will try to do more research though.

bcowanwheels

About all the stock ones are bent (warped) because there only 1/16" thick. I have a repro one in stock thickness and in 1/8" thick if you cant find a take off. "no jeep letters" in the repro's.
Bob in kingsport, tn.
423-384-8938

oddave715

There was one on Craigslist in Charlotte recently. It was overpriced in my opinion. But I don't need one. I think it was $750!! You could also check with William @ Delk's in Asheboro NC. I know they have some parts trucks but not sure if he has a tailgate or not.

jeepdan

Warthog, do you still have the spare tire carrier? I left you a pm
Finding an original tailgate in good shape is getting harder to do.

I should have one in storage (I haven't looked in years). I'll look this weekend.

Sold all my M715s and parts. Besides the memories, the tailgate and the spare tire holder are all that is left.

Also check over at www.M715zone.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks