• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M800 M900 series T-Case

Sephirothq

I don't know anything that says the 900 case is no good. I never heard of anything and one person making a staement without any proof doesn't mean anything at all.

This is how bad information gets started. enough people say something and it becomes fact.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't know anything that says the 900 case is no good. I never heard of anything and one person making a staement without any proof doesn't mean anything at all.

This is how bad information gets started. enough people say something and it becomes fact.

bbf is probably referring to the issues regarding not using reverse in low range.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
bbf is probably referring to the issues regarding not using reverse in low range.
That has more to do with the gear ratios and not how strong the case is.[/QUOTE]

It has more to do with OP ERROR then anything else, In the 900s, the front wheel drive is engaged AUTOMATICALY when the tcase is shifted into low range (there is a fix for this), when LEAD FOOT GI JOE slams into reverse and floors it, there is a LOT of NOSLIP torque that has to go somewhere, so instead of spending the money to teach LEAD FOOT how to drive a BIG, HEAVY ALL WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK, it is cheaper to buy stickers that say "DO NOT USE REVERSE IN LOW RANGE"

Just for fun, shift your deuce or 5t tcase into low range and into reverse, wind the engine up then dump the clutch, do this a few times, watch the results (won't get many times to do this)

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run my M932 in low range reverse all the time. I'm not going to shift out of low range just to back up. I also have the "automatic 6X6 low range" feature disabled. I've never had a t-case problem but don't drive like a madman either.

The air-shift case should be a good upgrade.