• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Wrecker some parts and source Wanted

jhooah

Picked up a M816 5T Wrecker for the group and got here started while home on leave this month from Afghanistan (back here now).

Blew the boom lift hose, fluid everywhere... anyone know of a good source? If I get a local Fab shop what I should ask for, etc.

Missing the front winch PTO housing on the transfer case, I have the lever and the prop shaft, but no PTO. Could wait for pickup at Aberdeen next year if available, and reasonable, anyone have a price on these?

Filter for the wrecker boom surely needs changing, and I can't find it's specs in the books on-line that I've dowloaded (still looking, and I have a few Months left here ...) Anyone know of the numbers or a source?

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to getting her running to help restore some of the groups projects, and herself.
V/R LTC W. Winget
US Infantry
FOB Dwyer, Afghanistan
Hot as Hell

Our Group:
www.vmpa.us
Virginia Military Preservation Association

Will check back in a few days, as connectivity is hard due to missions and time. Thanks for the info in advance. WAW

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pull the hose and go to a hydraulic shop, should be able to leave with a new one in an hour. Don't know about the rest, mine has a different setup.

54reo

The main hydraulic pump filter is cleanable. Be sure the check valve closes as you remove the filter or you WILL have a huge mess if the tank is full.

jhooah

Thanks for the tips, especially the filter check valve hint. Seems like I'll wait till Nov to return home, pull all the hoses and replace them just to be safest and not have another one blow under a load. Then they should be good for another 20 years without servicing.
Appreciate all the insight.
V/R W. Winget
US Infantry
FOB Dwyer, Afghanistan surrounded by a few thousand Marines...couldn't be safer or more scared....:-D