• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 4500RDS convertion

panzerwillie

Being working on this for a while gathering parts and other things, i have done this to a few Cat 3406 with great success.
Finally yesterday was able to take off the Allison HT 754 i belive its call that which takes me to my question , i know some of the lates M917 had i belive 4070 HD electronic Allison now my question does the hardware work from the 754 to the 4070 if it does the 4500 should bolt on , i do not have both next to each other to meausure but will next weekend. This set up looks like Mack E7 connection where the flex plate and starter ring gear as well antiballon plates are all together instead of ring gear on conveter and flexplate on crank shaft like the Big Cats, does anyone know or have pictures of a 4070 of a big cam 3 .
Will meausure everything this weekend when i have both transmission together this weekend thx. .

Attachments

panzerwillie

Just looking for pictures of the late electronic 4070HD apart from the cummins BC3 to see how it was connected to engine , i think i can figuere out this weekend side by side if not will make a trip to local Allison dealer but does guys are useless you had to bring them all the group # for the parts..🤨

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're treading into M915A4 territory. Big Cam I & III mated to 4050 and 4500SP. Check the TM's related to them and maybe you'll find what you're looking for. The M916 with Allisons dubbed the "M916A0E1" don't have any supporting documentation on them. I've had a few but no more.

panzerwillie

Thank you for the reply A4 are Detroit 60 series engines which i am very familiar with and the set up is like the Volvo Cummins ISX engine as well the Cats mayme will look in to TM on M917 that had more módem Allison ..

panzerwillie

Screenshot_20240522_061533_Google.jpg

I look at al the TMS here and have downloaded before and sure it mentions the HD4060-70 but maily they are for replacing sensors, harness , inteligente. Tcm ect but nothing on replacing transmission try to located parts manual but no luck did find some pictures where it shows the ring gear on converter which makes me belive flexplates and converter support hub will be on the crank , will do more intell.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the reply A4 are Detroit 60 series engines which i am very familiar with and the set up is like the Volvo Cummins ISX engine as well the Cats mayme will look in to TM on M917 that had more módem Allison ..
The M915A3 are the Detroit 60.
The M915A4 and M9154R2 are Cummins 400 BCI & BCIII mated to HD4050 & 4500SP respectively. - I have 5 of these trucks.

panzerwillie

In that case would you be Kind to provide me with the serial numbers from those 2 transmission HD4050 and the 4500SP maybe i get Lucky and in Allison Hub they have the Torque conveter group for cummins BC which is what i need..
Thank you