• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916A1 - Ft. Polk, Louisiana to Muncie, Indiana

Joehamilton

I'm looking for someone to pickup and haul a M916A1 from Ft. Polk, Louisiana to Muncie, Indiana. 27,700 lbs, 128" tall, 98" wide, starts with jump, no brakes. Pickup by June 5th, deliver by July 1st. Please PM with questions or quotes.

Joehamilton

Post move feedback:

WSF Trucking of Neoga, IL moved the vehicle. Tracey was my driver, and he did a great job. I would recommend them without hesitation. This company has about ten newer trucks. A low profile drop deck was used for my move.

Bids: The move was posted through Veritread and uShip. Several of the low bidders withdrew when informed that the spring brakes were caged on the truck. To avoid additional fees, I would suggest discussing any known obstacles with the bidders before selecting a bid. After selecting a bid through Veritread, the shipper pays a fee (about 7% of the bid in this case) to see the bidder's contact information. At this point, the item release and the shipper's contact information is sent to the bidder.

Johansen's Transport of Westport, MA was the brokering company. They are a heavy haul trucking company, but they brokered this move. I emailed and spoke to Kris Johansen several times before, during and after the load out.

Load out: This was a GP auction item from Ft. Polk, LA, but the vehicle was moved to a towing company storage lot a short distance from Ft. Polk. Upon arriving, the driver called to tell me that the towing company wanted an additional $250 to load the truck because the keys were not with the vehicle. A call to Iron Planet support resolved the issue. Eric Rogers is the GP representative at Ft. Polk. He quickly arrived at the storage yard with a key and slave cable to help load the vehicle.

Delivery: The vehicle arrived in two days. The driver called me the day before delivery to confirm the address and arrival time. Unloading went well and took less than one hour.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks