• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 trailer plug 12v?

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I'm currently trying to pull a 7 pin trailer behind my 12 pin 917, and according to the TM's the truck should be 24v output at the trailer plug. I'm getting 12v from earth to both turn signal pins and the running light pin on the truck. How is this possible? I assume someone before myself must have done some creative wiring to accomplish this?

Problem I now have is I already bought a nice shiny 12-pin 24v to 7-pin 12v converter. Paid a lot for it too. (Yeah, obviously I shouldn't have assumed the truck was still it's standard 24v) Has anyone ever heard of one of these trucks being changed to 12v at the 12 pin trailer connector? Is that even possible?

Basically, this truck is out on the farm and I've been tasked with fixing it, and I would love some insight on where I should start tearing into it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out I'm the idiot. Just found an excerpt in the TM that states the 915, 916, and 920 are 24v 12-pin, but the 917 is 12v 12-pin. Wonder why that one model would be different?