• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 battery box wire ID?

army_nurse

I was doing battery box maintaince and found a small wire under the batteries. the wire is labeled 569. I can't seem to find the id in the TM's.

1. what is it?
2. should i reconnect it?
3. Does it go to the (+) or the (-)

thanks for the help.

M

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM shows 569 going to the power switch, then turning into 569A going to the heater blower motor. Does your blower motor work? Look in the back of the -23 TM for the full wiring diagram.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I lost a lunch betting somebody that that was not for the heater blower motor once. We didnt have the TM's at the time but I was surprised that they could pull off one of the batteries like that to get 12 volts.

army_nurse

That diagram was right in front of me on the bottom of the seat frame. I don't know how many times i have told the soldiers assigned to me "Reading is fundamental." Man am I glad PFC Mattz isn't here to see this one. aua

sed6

I was also wondering the same thing about my 569 wire, thanks everyone. With that mystery solved I have another one (two) for you guys. The first is labeled GND A and the second looks kinda rigged as it has a yellow store bought connector on the ends. Any ideas what these go to?

Attachments

MtnSnow

Ground A goes to the 24v Neg terminal

The one with the yellow connector on it goes to the same positive post as the positive cable that it is wrapped with.

Just reference the image I posted earlier in this thread for placement

sed6

Thanks MtnSnow! Placement isn't an issue, mostly curious what they go to since they are not on the placard under the seat. I bet something to do with an MWO, perhaps the ABS?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did my battery relocate I just shortened the ground line and went to ground on the starter. The 24V Pos. just ran that to the starter 24v Pos leg. The 12v line is the only line I ran to the new battery location. No problems.