• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Torsion/Torque Rod Assembly With Ends-Rubber seperated.

Over

I did a search and could find nothing on this. I have a M923A2 that the torsion? bars separated from the rubber and is causing the axle to tilt so the u joints hit. Funny thing is they both came off (rubber seperated) on the front rear axle part. They are now hanging a bit below the attachment point. What would cause this and where can I find a couple? Not sure I am calling it by the right name. I figure you replace the whole bar as the rubber is probably vulcanized to the joint. Thanks in advance! Also is it the same part in the M923, A0 and A2?
IMG_9965.jpgIMG_4767.jpg

I searched using the above title and even replaced torque/torsion with dog bones on the advanced search?

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they are also called dog bones. and yes you need to replace the entire "dog bone".

There is one thread showing a patch job to get it home by welding a cross piece to hold the hoop part of the dog bone onto the stud.

I'm sure there are others on the board with more hands on knowledge that will chime in to help.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?76286-Broke-my-A3-dogbone

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What terms did you use when you searched?

Scroll down for similar threads(that should have come up with a search(for the words in your thread title).

Many of us improperly call them "dogbones".

Lots of threads on these(failures and repairs) including vendors that carry them.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not need to change the entire dogbone.

The ends are replaceable.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, when at a loss as to the propper terminology, the parts TMs are very handy!

Armed with the part number and correct name, a Google search or SS site search often solves all your needs.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you press out the old ring and press the new end in.
May put it in the freezer for some time and it should press in easier.

Over

With a few minutes of searching, our forums can educate you on this whole issue and probably answer every question you can ask.

Here's a sample, http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?107370-Unhappy-Dogbone-thingy&highlight=press
For some reason even searching dog bone or dogbone came up empty.Go to "advanced search",Search entire posts "keyword", search now. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Did the same with words in the title. It's happened before so I wont get butt hurt, am I missing something?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did the same search and I get 168 results.

Here's a screen shot of the advanced search page before I hit submit.

At the three red arrows I Typed "dogbone", removed my username and selected all open forums. Then I hit submit.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that works for you, next you could select just the 5 ton forum(to narrow down the results).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A general search get 212 hits as well.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On the 5t torque rods, be sure to press out and press in on the correct side, If you do not you WILL screw up the insert and the torque rod.,

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That should be covered in the TM.

Over

I just did the same search and I get 168 results.

Here's a screen shot of the advanced search page before I hit submit.

At the three red arrows I Typed "dogbone", removed my username and selected all open forums. Then I hit submit.

I just did the upper search as the bottom looked separate. No big deal as you guys were nice enough to respond without the "Check the TM's boy". I have the TM's but if I know the answer I'm happy to save someone the time so they can get back to it. And I'm sure some of you feel the same way. Thanks again. But it would be nice if I knew why the search doesn't work for me.

Search01.jpgSearch02.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks