• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M927/M928 Measurement question

TB58

After talking to wheelspinner and a couple other 5Ton drivers I am entertaining the thought of upgrading my chassis. The ERDlator box is quite heavy and would go down the road much better on a 5ton chassis.

I am trying to figure out just how much of a pain it would be to do the swap. I am looking for the measurement from the forward edge of the bed to the center of the center axle. I know the tandems will be further apart than on a deuce, but I think that won't be much of a problem, just want to know if the center axle would be far enough back to work.

Terrance

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Zout, put a 109 box on a 923 (909), you would not know it is you did not know that there is not a 909 in the 939 series.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron the box on his truck is significantly longer than a 109. We had my 923 there next to it and took a lot of measurements, including even possibly sliding the tandems back. The longer wheelbase truck will most likely be ideal for his plans.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot directly measure it right now but it looks to be about 8 feet from a side photo of my truck. The bow pockets are 3 feet apart.

Attachments

TB58

The box is on a M46 chassis which has a wheel base of 166", quite a bit longer than the standard Deuce.
Vped, Thank you. Mine measures right at 96" so looks like they are right about the same. looks like it might actually work. This is going to get expensive :-D