• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 from Atlanta to Chattanooga within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing4funn

Its at the base in Atlanta and I got it from the auction so it has to be removed by 7/22/13.

Im to the North side of Chattannoga, Ooltewah and its a 116 mile trip.
Not knowing the truck (they say it runs and so it can be driven onto a trailer) it needs to be hauled or towed.

Can any for yall help? I can follow along with my puckup and refuel you from my portable 100 gallon bed refueler.

racing4funn

Yes but I think they check insurance. Im covered because Im a dealer. I got a tag to throw on it and insurance but this truck has 22 hours on it and its over 20 years old. No indication that its road worthy. I cant depend on it to make such a trip and if I was to be broken down on the side of the road with a truck this big then Im sure things are going to start getting expensive. Worse than that have a failure and have an accident.

It should be towed or trailered.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes but I think they check insurance. Im covered because Im a dealer. I got a tag to throw on it and insurance but this truck has 22 hours on it and its over 20 years old. No indication that its road worthy. I cant depend on it to make such a trip and if I was to be broken down on the side of the road with a truck this big then Im sure things are going to start getting expensive. Worse than that have a failure and have an accident.

It should be towed or trailered.
THANK YOU for the above way of thinking, sure WISH more members thought like this, just ONE BAD accident with the MV AT FAULT could bring the hobby close to a halt, by our trucks NOT road worthy, ONLY off road allowed

racing4funn

THANK YOU for the above way of thinking, sure WISH more members thought like this, just ONE BAD accident with the MV AT FAULT could bring the hobby close to a halt, by our trucks NOT road worthy, ONLY off road allowed
humm Im going to use mine on the road for farm use. Its just that I dont know this truck and believe its unreasonable to expect it to take off on a 55 mph 116 miles road trip.

Any help out there?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was over there yesterday and saw vehicles in all conditions from pristine to junk. The only thing I have to flat tow with is an M927 and you don't have enough money to get me to do it around Atlanta. The good news is that you can haul it with a "Hotshot Truck" if it has a dual wheel/axle trailer. You should be able to find one looking for a load out of Atlanta. If you want me to hook you up with Landstar Transport send me a PM and I'll give you a contact number.

racing4funn

yea is been home for weeks.. Trip went well. My "within a week" post had a date in the first post so people wouldnt think its current later on..

TO CLEAN UP THE TREAD THIS POST COULD BE CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.