• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998

Speedy

I have located a humvee, and I might be able to pic it up for a extremely affordable price.
their are mechanical issues that sound like just the engine.
I am not holding my breath on this deal but I would like to understand more about this humvee regardless.

I have some questions.

does it run a detroit 6.2 diesel like all the chevy/gm trucks did (civilian) and cucv's?

are parts easy to locate?
what about prices?

I have been a member of the forum for awhile and active in and out of the forum, tho I dont own a MV I still have a good understanding of what things are worth, but I have never ever looked at humvees so be kind to me ;)

ACBMWM#

Older ones have the 6.2L, Most now have a 6.5L turbocharged.
parts are NOT easy to locate. Ebay is usually the first place I look when I need a part. Also prices on parts are pretty high. Just paid $1000 for a full ECV hood/grille Assembly.
I have seen some decent runners for about $22k lately but they do need some TLC.

Hope that helps

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.2l motors are available. I bought two a few years back for $900 (for the two...$450 each). I don't think that guy has anymore, but another friend in MD (CUCVFAN) bought two motors in DE or MD (can't remember which) and paid about what I paid. They are out there. You might want to PM CUCVFAN to see if he can remember where he got his.