• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MA inspection sticker for m35a2

treeguy

New to MV ownership. I just purchased a 1970 m35a2.

My registration is in the works. The insurance Co. insists it must be commercial plates and ins. (in MA) NO EXCEPTIONS due to weight. I will be going for the state inspection soon and have read last years post on the subject. What a nightmare. Does anyone have any recent experiences in MA? I just want to brace myself. I am familiar with commercial inspections and have a CDL, but how will a deuce work out?

Last edited:

Engine5

Welcome to the site. Look for Fabiodriven, I think thats his "name" here. He may be able to help you out. I had the same issue, but was told it can be registered as an antique. I have one commercial, the other will ba antique.Good luck.

BEASTMASTER

fabriodriven is out of reach for a while,but kaiser2help has been on that journey, and also massm35a2 has been there.his deuce is reg antique.i'm sure they can help you thru this mess.

Carl_in_NH

I don't think it's disqualified due to weight (could be wrong - since I escaped MA about 20 years ago, and you can get antique plates in NH on an M35) - but it can't be antique if you're going to work it. Are you planning on using it in your tree business?

Hi I have a 5 ton registered as a camper. Inspection was no problem. .Camper plates do not need a DOT inspection or CDL. I did add a license plate lite to make them happy

ddskehan

My agent told me that it can be titled as a antique. he has seen it several times. I'm waiting on my EUC to finalize. Other than that i'll be titling it as a antique. I run a facility that does inspections and I've spoken with the registry guy that checks us out. I was told that it would be ok, but I couldn't do any business with it.