• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mack ENDT673C Engine

brianrbull

I dont know if this will violate any site rules or not if it does I apologize in advance....

I am home from Afghanistan this summer and we are doing some clean up around the farm. I have a early '70's Mack Postal truck. The truck is wasted (MI Truck rusty ect)But the engine "Ran When Parked" , My Aunt has had some scrappers cleaning out metal around here I stopped them in the early stages of cutting it up.
The questions I have are :
Is this the same engine that is in the MV's?
If so should I save her?

I will post some pics in a little while....

fasttruck

M54A1s and such used ENDT 673 engines with a single disk ckutch. The ENDT675 makes more torque and is typically supplied with a double disk clutch and a bigger radiator which makes it difficult to use in a 5ton. I saw a M 123A1C that had lone grafted into it in replacemedt of the 903 Cummins originally used, but that chassis has a bigger radiator and a double disk clutch.