• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a Wo/W into a W/W

KsM715

Does anyone have any information about what civi truck PTO's would mate up to a 6453 5ton tranny? I have the winch and most of the hardware to mount it except the outer frame rail extensions, I still need those and the big L shaped plate that mounts to the side of the winch. Any have those parts they would like to get rid of ?

I have plenty of salvage yards with civi farm/straight trucks with PTO's but I dont know where to start to look for a pto that will mate up.

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure about a 5-ton. I know a civilain PTO to fit a deuce trans is very rare. I suspect the 5-ton PTO could be as rare.

You probably could call Chelsea or a Chelsea dealer, give them the trans numbers, and they could tell you if they ever made a PTO for that trans and what the PN was. I did this with the deuce trans one time and had the PN but it's no longer available new.

Coldfusion21

I've heard there is no cross reference for this pto so your stuck finding that exact tranny in a civi app, which I've heard is rare. Not sure on applications in the civi world, someone else may have more info.

This is all hearsay though, so take it with a grain of salt