• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

master cylinder replacement question

bugs

replacing the master cyl on the duece this weekend and need to know the following question . on page 8-29 of the TM ,it shows to replce the two gaskets on both adaptors 23 and 24. what r these gaskets and can the be obtained from a auto parts store? what kind of surprises am i in store for replacing this as i have 'nt done this before. thanx much , bugs:-D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Getting the bolts out against the frame is no fun. I found it easyest to use an extention and go in from behind the cross member. Then, wiggling the master cyl out sucks too. It is wedged inbetween it's mount surface and that cross member. You CAN get it out, it just takes some tinkering.

Tackettr

Which TM are you looking at? I just looked in TM 9-2320-361-24-1 WP 0170 00 and I'm not sure what gaskets there would be. Maybe the copper washers, which you can get some at NAPA.

tjcouch

And to get the new one in, you will likely need to remove some (one?) of the port plugs on the MC. . . . you'll see what I mean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks