• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBU Burner fuel connection diy coupler? What fuel do you use in yours??

61sleepercab

I am to the point of plumbing and connecting my MBU burners. I have the gas can adapter to MBU stove connection.I need to build the extension hose in between the adapter hose and the stove connection.

Does anyone HAVE CIVILIAN PART NUMBERS FOR THE MALE AND FEMALE CONNECTIONS FOR THE MBU FUEL LINE???

WHAT FUEL DO YOU RUN?? OFF ROAD DIESEL? LOW SULFUR DIESEL? KEROSENE ? OTHER FUEL???

DOES ANYONE HAVE A NATO CABLE TO THE POWER SUPPLY?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PARTS SOURCE FOR NATO TRUCK COUPLER AND POWER SUPPLY INPUT PLUG?

Before you flame me I have read the TM and my internet connection will not operate the search engine of the site.

Thanks for any information. Mark

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couplers are Parker 1/4 inch fuel. Fuel line is only attached when fueling the self-contained tank, not while running the unit. Teleflex recommends running JP-8 (I've already been through this with them a couple of years ago), but I run off road diesel in mine. I should have a spare fuel hose, new in a plastic bag for $30, postpaid, which is about what you will pay for a pair of the connectors. My next question to you - do you have the Scepter Fuel Can Adapter Kit to use the hose with? They usually come in a black nylon bag. There are also some 'tricks' in getting the MBU's fueled up. As far as getting the NATO connector, just purchase a NATO slave cable end, a rubber 'cork' to fill the other hole, and run a regular heavy duty extension cord (two wire) to the plug you will need to attach it to the wiring harness.

BTW, answers to 99 percent of the questions you've asked could be found on the MKT thumb drive, when are you going to order yours?

61sleepercab

I will take you up on the fuel hose offer and the thumb drive offer also. Let me know address and total cost and I will send postal money order or I can do paypal.

I have the jerry can connector in the black bag complete.I found and bought a nato cable and male plug in for $50.00 that ran some power tool and is a heavy shielded cable to boot.

I have trouble doing searches on this site as my computer internet connection or protection program freezes when the search page comes up . My 22 year old son set up my computer but is not much to fix glitches when he is 150 miles away. I heard about the thumb drive but could never find the post.
Thanks for putting up with me ...... Mark

airmech3839

Couplers are Parker 1/4 inch fuel. Fuel line is only attached when fueling the self-contained tank, not while running the unit. Teleflex recommends running JP-8 (I've already been through this with them a couple of years ago), but I run off road diesel in mine. I should have a spare fuel hose, new in a plastic bag for $30, postpaid, which is about what you will pay for a pair of the connectors. My next question to you - do you have the Scepter Fuel Can Adapter Kit to use the hose with? They usually come in a black nylon bag. There are also some 'tricks' in getting the MBU's fueled up. As far as getting the NATO connector, just purchase a NATO slave cable end, a rubber 'cork' to fill the other hole, and run a regular heavy duty extension cord (two wire) to the plug you will need to attach it to the wiring harness.

BTW, answers to 99 percent of the questions you've asked could be found on the MKT thumb drive, when are you going to order yours?
How much is this coveted thumb drive? How do I get one? We are about to purchase a MKT99 this weekend for our Trail Life Troop and I'm gonna need all the tips and tricks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk