• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meet the desert Warrior!

Redneck92

Hello guys and greetings from Germany,

My name is Mike, im 23 years old and I am from Saarland in Germany.

I would like to present you my "brand new" M1009.

IMG-20150612-WA0005.jpgIMG-20150612-WA0001.jpgIMG-20150612-WA0004.jpgIMG-20150612-WA0003.jpgIMG-20150612-WA0002.jpgIMG-20150612-WA0000.jpg

it was restored from a local company which have specialized themselfes to restoring Army vehicles. It has new dashboard and door panels, new steering box, new IP, new 24V starter, new 6" rough country lift and runs on new 35x12,5 r15 General Grabbers AT tires.

Engine has got arround 30.000 miles on it and the chassis has arround 120.000 miles driven yet. The truck is completly rust free. The the floor on the inside is coated with herculiner and the undersite of the truck was coatet with rust proofing wax.

Transmission is shifting greatly and engine runs without any issues.
Engine is completely dry. No oil losses expect a tiny spot on the oil pan.

Exhaust tubing is a little of a mess changing at least 5 times its diameter on each side since the previous owner welded the exhaust system by himself with what it seems like to be all tubes that he had found in his mothers basement.

But never the less, it has some little problems which need to be fixed:

- Fuel gauge is doing whatever it wants to do
- Starter relay is dead
- Shift indicator unhooked its wire yesterday
- Overdrive from the Speedometer on the transfercse broke
- Front drive shaft seems to be too short for the lift. It pulls itself out of the slip joke a bit when flexing the axle and then hammers back into the joke

Looking forward to share my experience of working on it aswell to ask here and there some questions.

Greetings Redneck

joshuak

Hi Mike, greetings from Maryland, USA.

Welcome on board, that's a fine looking '09.

You came to the right place to find solutions for your trucking issues, Rock on man!!

Redneck92

Finding Parts is not difficult at all.
There are a few dealers in germany which provide you with every part you can imagine within 2 to 3 days after ordering.
Pretty cheap aswell

Drock

Very nice! these trucks are ah lot of fun, you'll soon have the same addiction we all have. Greetings from GA.