• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day fun...with a M35

ATC

Well, I woke up today next to my beautiful girlfriend (which is always a great way to start the day) and we were hungry! We gathered up everyone in the house and decided to go to Denny's. We stepped outside to 80-degree weather, sunshine, and my Deuce parked in their backyard!

Well, we rigged up a flagpole at the rear of the bed for Old Glory and started taking the top off the Deuce. I'm pretty sure this is the first time the top has been off since it was made who-knows-when (PO said it was made at a shipyard from marine-grade vinyl).

We were out for over an hour cruising around town. I have never heard or seen so many honks, waves, shouts, thumbs-up, etc... Amazing! :D

When we got back, the girls were going to go out and buy one of the small pools at Wal*Mart and fill it up to cool off in. I looked at my friend, looked at the Deuce, and he read my mind! He already had the tarp out and lined the bed before I could go in and grab a drink!

Burgers and Dogs on the grill afterwards.
Sorry there aren't more pictures. We were having way too much fun to worry about a camera. And when we did, we were all wet from playing in the 'pool.' :beer:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like fun was had by all. I put the flag on one of my convoy lights one time. After getting a handshake and a thanks from a Vet, I was scolded for improper display. Last time I made that mistake. My deuces sat Idle yesterday. Spent quiet time with my family and towards the evening hours, I went to the S Fla National Cemetery and spent some time with the troops and my Lord. It was a good day.

Heavysteven

My flag is mount to the back of the truck came that way from the NG. This is the third time I have read not to fly it there.

Love the pool love it. Could add a scope of masonry sand and turn it into a beach.

Pawnshop

My flag is mount to the back of the truck came that way from the NG. This is the third time I have read not to fly it there.
Back left side? That holder is for convoy flags, Old Glory's place is at the right front of a vehicle per US Flag Code. The leading edge of a moving vehicle and the first thing you see when the vehicle passes, think of it as the flag flying in front of the vehicle instead of the vehicle flying in front of the flag.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the tarp idea! I have seen it before and want to do that sometime this year. how deep was the water? I was thinking about bolting a 2x8 board to the steps on the tailgate so it makes the edge a little taller to hold more water. Ill have to crunch the numbers and see how much all that water would weigh. Cruze around a car show with a swimming pool in the back of the deuce!:D

ATC

I like the tarp idea! I have seen it before and want to do that sometime this year. how deep was the water? I was thinking about bolting a 2x8 board to the steps on the tailgate so it makes the edge a little taller to hold more water. Ill have to crunch the numbers and see how much all that water would weigh. Cruze around a car show with a swimming pool in the back of the deuce!:D
The water was up to the middle of my knee (and I'm 6'5"). The yard I was in was not level so the front of the truck was a little deeper than the rear. We pulled a pickup to the rear tailgate so all we would have to do is step off the deuce onto the toolbox in the pickup, then from that into the trucks bed and onto the ground. :mrgreen:

And a bed full of water shouldn't come near the weight capacity of the truck. It's also impossible to drive without creating a titlewave, spilling A LOT of water :-|

yetti96

It the cargo area was full it would have been too much weight. According tot he TM, the volume of storage is 270 cubic feet. If the inside of the bed measures 7.5' and it is 12.25' long, the are of the bed is 91.875 square feet. To achieve the 270 cf that would then mean the water would have had to been 2.938' tall (which it sounds like it wasn't). If the water was 24" high it would have been a volume of 183.75 cf or only about 68% of the actual available volume. With that being said, 24" of water in a deuce is 183.75 cf * 62.4 lb/cf = 11,466lb. Water is alot heaver than people giove it credit for, especially in large quantities.

It's not like the truck couldn't handle it, but just a FYI I guess, lol.

Heavysteven

Ok, so if water is too heavy...we should all agree to jello. Hey did we factor in the ladies.....

This bring another idea for a party deuce. Put a hot tub in the back and use a bobcat welder generator. Then rollup the sides and back :beer:

Another reason to own a tactical M35A2

ATC

Heck! You guys got in the way of the lushous babes in the photo... next time put them up in front... WAY up in front!!
I'll bring my own camera next time just for you! Haha...:)

Next time we are going to go to the creek and fill up a 600gal water tank and dump it in the bed first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks