• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-8xx Battery Information

csheath

Mine is going to get lawn tractor batteries next time. The Value Power group 26 batteries are limping along for now. One of them has low hydrometer readings but my solar charger is keeping the pair above 24V for now. Having the solar controller mounted on top of the unit under my shed has been a good way to monitor. My little tractor is parked beside it so every time I use the tractor I glance over at the generator battery voltage.

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

USAMilRet

I just bought a set today. Don't need much for Florida. Only a six month trade out but you will know by then. They are about 1/2 in fatter then the 51R. Should fit nicely in the 803. But for $60 each better than $125 car batteries.

My other set has sli51r in them but only 400 CCA and they are working fine. One bat is 1 year the other half that.

Anxious to see if the sli22nf will be a good choice.

boxer4luvr

I just bought a set today. Don't need much for Florida. Only a six month trade out but you will know by then. They are about 1/2 in fatter then the 51R. Should fit nicely in the 803. But for $60 each better than $125 car batteries.
My other set has sli51r in them but only 400 CCA and they are working fine. One bat is 1 year the other half that.
Anxious to see if the sli22nf will be a good choice.
Indeed... please keep us posted. Do you use a battery tender/trickle charger, etc?

Otto the man

Just an FYI, Rural King has Exide 51R, 525 CCA rated (Both mine tested out over 590 CCA) for $59.00 with a $12.00 core charge. Pretty decent price.

boxer4luvr

Also FYI - Batteries + Bulbs has the SLI22NF Duracell Ultra for $59 with a $10 core charge. Not vouching for the product, just doing some internet searching.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks