• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 903

sloryd

Has anyone had any history knowledge of a MEP903 10kw 110v 60 Hz Generator? Form what I have read they are an APU that runs at 3600 rpm diesel. The engine is by kubota 3 cylinder. They are designed to be mount on a vehicle

Can’t find much info about them on the internet. Any info would help.

LHPopper

There are several comming on line at auction. They have no fuel tank, battery ond most important is that ther are no Control panels. I have searched and connot find a source for the control panels. The other items can be fabricated.

LHPopper

Tcody

I tried to find info on the Barber Colman site today, but had no luck in finding any info on the control panel that is needed to make this unit operate. The TM you referenced is correct. I had found the same a few weeks ago. I had made contact with a company that sells a lot of military gensets, but they were not aware of the 903C or the panel. I just wish that I could get a positive response from someone who had knowledge of the access to the control panels. Without it, thes gensets will take a lot of work to make the worthwhile.

tcody

Tcody

I tried to find info on the Barber Colman site today, but had no luck in finding any info on the control panel that is needed to make this unit operate. The TM you referenced is correct. I had found the same a few weeks ago. I had made contact with a company that sells a lot of military gensets, but they were not aware of the 903C or the panel. I just wish that I could get a positive response from someone who had knowledge of the access to the control panels. Without it, thes gensets will take a lot of work to make the worthwhile.
I agree - lots of work. The wiring diagram is there, but would be a PITA to make.

LHPopper

I was not successful in gettin one off GL yesterday. Thought they went pretty high. After thinking about it, It would not take much to strip out the 24 pin wire and build your own control panel with a guage or two, a starter button and I would be all set. Will wait for the next batch to come around.

bimota

I am building control cables but having trouble getting the write control cable connector ends. The post says the builder got them from Digi-key but did not list a part number. Can someone please post the P/N and source from the control cable ends? Thanks,

bimota

Ok, I've got mine sorted out and running and producing power without the control panel. I can package up kits with parts and diagrams. Anyone interested in buying? While I am happy to give advice, I can't give away parts and designs. Let me know!

bimota

I've got this unit mastered. But this is a business for me so I can't give it away. I can make manual kits and full two wire start automated units like the picture attached.

The photo shows the Dynagen Control Panel mounted for full automatic control, digital gauges as well. Basic automated control panel kit would be $495 or so. What do you think, should I formalize the plans and sell the kits?

Basic, manual kit would be $195 roughly, depending on how much pre build on the wiring harness. How many do you want?

We have one installed and powering an off grid house. Works great. I'd be very interested in buying more of these units so if you bought one and can't make it work and want your money back, please email. I will pay cash and have them shipped. Thanks,

Attachments

NEIOWA

I've got this unit mastered. But this is a business for me so I can't give it away. I can make manual kits and full two wire start automated units like the picture attached.

The photo shows the Dynagen Control Panel mounted for full automatic control, digital gauges as well. Basic automated control panel kit would be $495 or so. What do you think, should I formalize the plans and sell the kits?

Basic, manual kit would be $195 roughly, depending on how much pre build on the wiring harness. How many do you want?

We have one installed and powering an off grid house. Works great. I'd be very interested in buying more of these units so if you bought one and can't make it work and want your money back, please email. I will pay cash and have them shipped. Thanks,
What is the engine in these? Mfg, hp?

Found it:

Kubota, Ltd. Model D722-B Type Diesel, 3-cylinder, 4-cycle
Rated Horsepower (at 3600 RPM) 16.3 Continuous
Firing order 1-2-3
Valve Clearance (Cold) 0.0057 to 0.0073 in. (0.14478 to 0.18542 mm)
Dry Weight 139.1 lbs. (63.05 kg)

http://www.tpub.com/content/generators/TM-9-6115-670-14P/index.htm

APU Control Unit
http://www.tpub.com/content/generators/TM-9-6115-670-14P/css/TM-9-6115-670-14P_697.htm

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks