• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mil to civilian plug wire adapters

98taco3

I just figured out that there is some sort of adapter in my truck to convert civilian plug wires to screw onto the military distributor. Has anyone else seen something like this? They are machined steel and really seem to do the trick, they even seal up! Just curious if these were made by someone or if they were something that was sold for these trucks to "civilianize" them later on. Also would there be any interest in me making sets of these? I have access to a full machine shop and i could pop out a bunch of these fairly quickly. Heres some pictures of them, what do you think?

Attachments

AN/GRC-46

Might have been nice to have had something like that. I just bought 6 new military plugs and wires for my M37 and spent about $220. Could have done the same job with civilian parts for $45-50.

The metal part should be a snap to make; the rubber compression fitting might not be readily available.

Last edited:

98taco3

Ive got the metal part spec-ed out and am going to go see a buddy tomorrow that can source the rubber piece. Maybe ill get lucky and they have a tractor application or something along those lines. Ill update when i get it figured out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks