• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mulitfuel compression check

kipman

Any body out there made a compression tool out of a injector, if so how well did it work and what are the details, thanks.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any body out there made a compression tool out of a injector, if so how well did it work and what are the details, thanks.
We made a air injector to change out one of the valve springs . Just make shure you tap deep so the fitting has lots of threads and don't be in the line of fire when you go to use it. We had no problem but do be careful.

rlwm211

I have heard of a compression testing kit that threaded into a glow plug home. I am not certain, but I would imagine that they must make a kit for non-glow plug trucks since it is really an essential test to determine the balance internally of an engine in terms of wear.
I would stop at a truck shop that repairs and possibly rebuilds diesels and see if you can borrow, or rent theirs.

RL

rlwm211

Hi Kip;
No doubt you would have to utilize the injector bore to access the combustion chamber. The trick is to have a gauge that reads upwards of 600 psi or so to get a reading and one that functions like a comrpession gauge would be most useful as it records the highest deflection.
Best of luck
RL

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can borrow my injector/ tester if you pay shipping both ways or I can look to see if I have an old injector you can make your own.

AndrewH

I had talked about making one this summer when the deuce was dead. I ended up not making it because, with some help fom the site here, I removed head from ass and figured out I had put the HH on backwards. If it becomes necessary, pm me and I'll see about finishing it. - Andrew

kipman

would like to see a picture, I have plenty of spare injectors, Floridianson, thanks for the offer, have you built one yet, or was yours purchased?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is 60 miles from here but you just dismantel the injector guts and tip then blind tap the head for the fitting.

You might also just be able to use the thread size that is on the head and bushing up to the correct size of the fitting you will be useing. That way no dammage is done.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks