• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV show at Dickson,TN airport, Nov 8

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are having a air show, car show, and military vehicle show at the Dickson,TN airport. I'm getting the word out and trying to gather as many military vehicles and equipment that we can. It kind of goes along with the Veteran's Day weekend.

We did this last year and it was a great event. The air show was good and they had probably 50 planes and helicopters on display including 2 WWII bombers. We had around 10 MVs at the first event. I was such a great success that the organizers have decided to make this a annual event and have charged me and a couple of others in getting as much military vehicles and equipment that we can get.

I think we can turn this into kind of a mini rally for this area and show off our trucks and get to hang out with each other.

If you think your interested in attending please RSVP me in a PM so I can kind of get a head count to know how big of area we need to set aside. Everybody is welcome and we've got plenty of room for everybody (last year we were right beside the runway and there's probably 20 acres over there).

I'm talking with someone at the Airport tomorrow to get more details and I'll post them tomorrow but just thought I'd go ahead and get the word out.

Al Harvey

Do you have a time frame for that Saturday? I might be able to get some stuff out there, but lack of drivers is my current draw back. I know your getting more details still, but is it gonna be in grass or on the runway/concrete? If it's on grass I can setup a camo net and a small platoon size toc.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The actual show starts at 10AM but I'll be there by 8:00. It ends up at 4:00 but you can leave any time before this if you need to.

Last year we parked right at the edge of the tarmac in the grass and there's a big mowed field right behind where we parked that we have access to. The car show is next to us but all the MVs are in a section all by themselves.

Here's a link to the flyer- http://www.flydickson.com/Second_Century_of_Aviation/

The address is- 2370 Sylvia Rd., Dickson, TN 37055

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were a couple of WWII bombers on display last year, I'm not really up on aviation stuff so I can't tell you the models. There's pics of one of them in the link I provided above.

I'm unsure of what will be showing up this year but I'll find out.

I talked with my contact on the county airport board (the ones putting on the event) today. He has more or less given me the leadway to handle the MV display however I see fit. They are having a planning meeting next week and invited me to attend.

AL, I was a little concerned about putting up a tent and driving stakes so close to the runway fearing there may me underground stuff that we may hit driving stakes. My contact told me that there was nothing there and feel free to erect a tent. So if you'd like to bring a tent, feel free to and we'll even help you erect it. I'd volunteer drivers also but I understand that you wouldn't want people you don't know driving your stuff.

Al Harvey

Well I'm thinking right now about bringing the deuce, M151 w/M416, and probably the M1009. I'll bring the camo net and stuff for a toc set up. I've got a friend in Bon Aqua that said I can stage stuff at this house the week before so it should just take me two trips to get everything there. That way it won't be too much of a pain to get everything there and that way I can get a good feel for the lay out and area. Then next year when everyone is back we can step it up even more. I'm about to send you a PM with my number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks