• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MWO on M105A3 Landing Leg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Wayne. Anyone know where you could find such a kit to upgrade the landing leg? Please PM me with any info if you know.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:
Thanks, Wayne. Anyone know where you could find such a kit to upgrade the landing leg? Please PM me with any info if you know.
Ditto. I just won a new at Hooks and the tongue is on the ground so I'm guessing the landing gear is trashed.

Nonotagain

I spoke with Mr David Wolf from Williams Innovations this afternoon in reference to the purchase of the landing gear leg retrofit kits called out in the MWO.

Presently they are just keeping their collective heads above water filling the government orders.

I explained that there were a fair number of these M105a3 trailers starting to show up on the surplus market, and that members of Steel Soldiers were aware of the need for repair or replacement parts.

Dave told me that someone would be getting back with me to see if enough interest was present to pursue the sales to private parties, though they might not be the full kit supplied to the government due to the price.

The ballpark price that the government gets charged is $1100.

Nonotagain

Well since that's more than 3x what I paid for the trailer I doubt I'll be buying one of their kits.
That was my thought exactly, but there are some members that may wish to perform the MWO to keep the trailer in Mil-Spec form.

I was able to find out that Bulldog made the leg jack.

For my two trailers that I purchased back in July, I modified the rotating socket by thru drilling and installed a 8" quick detent pin so that the pin when thru the entire socket and now is rock solid. The only thing I gave up is just lifting the pin a couple of inches and rotating the leg into the stow position.