• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MX-2974 Cable for AN/PIQ-5 - Where to Find

IroncladGA

I found a 1960 manual for the AN/PIQ-5, not the January 1969 manual that seems to be more prolific. The 1960 manual shows an adaptor/splitter cable, which it indicates may be designated MX-2974. It essentially allows the user to command two bullhorns with one mic. I do not see a reference to this cable in the 1969 manual.

I have attached a schematic from the 1960 manual below.

PIQ-5 Adaptor-Splitter Cable.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find this cable? I have googled to no avail. Perhaps the designation changed?

Thanks in advance.

papakb

This is the type of thing the military is really good at. Somebody had an idea and they had some money to develope it but I'd bet dollars to donuts that other than a few that came out of the project they were never popular. 99% of the time if you needed to use 2 bullhorns you'd just use a PA system. The connectors are available if you want to build one up but I doubt you'll find one without some fantastic luck.