• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1009 left me stranded

rsh4364

http://youtu.be/vCOWIJpnE8k
Got a picture of how you wired it up. I was contemplating bypassing my resistor when i put in new glow plugs.
I don't know how to post picts,I used to be able to post vid on youtube but now that has outsmarted me also.I simply did the bypass,went 1/0 gauge from front batt.poss to a 140amp cir.breaker,then 1/0 ga. to a reducer 1/0 ga to dual 4ga to 8ga splitter to the 12v power source and the the gp solenoid.,I used 8ga cable to both 12v and gp solenoid.I also put fuseable links on each 8ga. just in case circ.breaker failed and I needed to bypass it in a limp home mode.This set up is overkill but I had the stuff laying around and was able to use it.I also added lots of grounds,8ga from 12v alt to frame,4ga from core support to frame,1/0 ga from motor to ground buss,1/0ga from frame to ground buss and 1/0ga from front batt to buss.Sorry guys I just learned how to add videos,I still need to upgrade my starter cable to 1/0 gauge.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Rick you did all that work and changes? Why not put the support bracket bracket back on the battery that holds it fast to the inner fender? That is a lot of weight bouncing and being supported by that inner fender. That brace from the battery top hold down to the fender makes that battery secure and helps save the inner fender from stress. Thus saving you stress when the inner fender fails. Just an idea. Do as you wish.

the skull

Rick you did all that work and changes? Why not put the support bracket bracket back on the battery that holds it fast to the inner fender? That is a lot of weight bouncing and being supported by that inner fender. That brace from the battery top hold down to the fender makes that battery secure and helps save the inner fender from stress. Thus saving you stress when the inner fender fails. Just an idea. Do as you wish.

Oh I have so many things to do.

cucvrus

Just do 1 thing every day or every week and you would not believe how much you can get completed. Works for me everyday. Everyday I make a goal and reach it and exceed it if I can. That is everyday goal met. Sometimes at 1800. Sometimes at 21-2200. But I get it done. Today i have a great goal. I will share it about Mr Rusty and the Jersey Indian. Take care have a great day. Beautiful weather in south Central PA 75 degrees and sunny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks