• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my cucv ram-air project

jimmy-90

Nope I don't have that piece. The truck that I got all this stuff off of had the resonator mounted on top of the inner fender and I think it was supposed to be drawing air in from the side of the truck. Im not sure if that truck had something like your air baffle or not. If so then it was missing when I harvested all the rest of the intake stuff. Anyhow I just used a piece of 4" ducting to go through the radiator support which is visible in the first set of pics. It fit over the resonator inlet very well...like it was made to be used for that. Was wondering... does your inlet hat baffle ever get iced up and not pull air or anything like that?

AJMBLAZER

No, but I moved south before it got nasty.

It's a factory, 50 state piece on the 80's GM fullsizes so I'd think it's weather rated. Any 80's GM should have it, went right into that hole in the core support to the p-side of the radiator.

chicagodiesel

I wanted to see if there was any difference with a cold air intake myself. So I bought a 3"-4" rubber plumbing boot, a 4" metal coupler", 8" semi-rigid ducting, and a 4" dryer hook-up adaptor. 3" side of the boot around the stock 6.2 air cleaner oval, ducting around the coupler than both into the 4" side of the boot, dryer hookup through the passenger radiator hole, duct onto the dryer adaptor, and then clamp them all together. It's ugly for now and I plan on going to the GM setup but have been unlucky at the junkyard and also impatient. Cuts down on noise some, but performance is way up for me.

I'll post some pics if anyone wants em, it's ugly.

jdeoliveira74

Here is what I did for some ram air! Got the 6.2 banks turbo air box some abs plastic pipe and 33 bends. Air filter housing from a f250 with cone filter K&N. Now debating on moding air box and going with second snorkel on driver side. I know its a bit much but it can't hurt I don't think.

Attachments

cucv1833

No pics but i bought a AIRAID intake flex pipe at Advance Auto $20 and installed it on my stock intake then ran the hose through the knock out in the grill. 10 min install. The tube was very tight to get around the oblong opening on the factory intake. Then i install a K&N. Done deal.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1833 Did you notice any difference on power or milage? Was it any quieter? PM me if you still looking for a 3KW get set

firefirefire90

OP, if you give us the part number on the air cleaner assembly, we can figure out what truck it goes to. It looks a bit more modern and would really clean up the engine bay if I could update the airbox to your style.

cucv1833

1833 Did you notice any difference on power or milage? Was it any quieter? PM me if you still looking for a 3KW get set
Ken, I havent checked my MPG's not really a concern not a daily driver. As for quieter i beleive so but installing cherry bomb exhaust at the same time, its really hard to say . Power - i would say it has better throttle response and thats about it. Mabe some power gain really cant speculate. PM sent on the Genny

that1028guy

Looking at the pics, I believe my old intake tube from my 89 GMC 'burban may fit the factory air cleaner and go to the hole in the frt grill... I am parting the burb for scrap as it is returning to its base elements... but am going to have to see if that fits this weekend. Also going to try and get the 40gal fuel tank to fit... Will let you all know how that goes. Has anyone thought about a cowl hood? I know they make them for cooling, but maybe something like the old dodge hemi's?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks