• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First military vehicle M109a3

Redfive0

Me and my dad have been busy for the last three months working on our 1966 kaiser jeep m109a3.

We started with what looked like someone painted over a truck covered in corn flakes. Weeks of grinding sanding with wire wheels and my personal favorite aluminum oxide paint stripping wheels we managed to strip the beast. A new coat of paint, weather striping a couple of new windows, new gauges, gas can, light bulbs, some new lens covers, filters, front wiring harness, hoses, belts, bleeding of the breaks, to name the short list and here we are. We didn't get finish Her for the show but we Drove it to Papa-go Military vehicle show in Phoenix Arizona.

here are some pics

Image084.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

shop1 013.jpg

shop1 027.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

Military Vehical Show 006.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Military Vehical Show 004.jpg

Military Vehical Show 002.jpg

Last edited:

Redfive0

Thanks, we had hoped to get the inside done but we ran out of time.

We had wanted to clone General Patton's van on the inside to look similar to this.

patton_van.jpg

VanDesk1.jpg

VanOverallinsideView1.jpg

VanfullSink1.jpg

My dad and I thought it was a really good use of space.

After changing out to the new wiring harness I have to figure out how to test my gen / alternator since we don't know if it was working before or if its the new wiring harness or quite possibly the installers (Me) .

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's awesome, love the interior.

And the Kilroy!

Green_gator

Nice job on the restoration. I notice that you did not remount the shades for the windows in the box. Are you planning to do that later? I find that it keeps it noticeably cooler inside with them up. If not those are in a reasonable amount of demand by the rest of us with the shop vans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks