• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first project

rattlecan6104

after the rush of purchasing my first mv (the deuce) It is now time to start my first project. I noticed right away that there was a lot that I wanted to do. I have decided that my first project will be the bed. The truck only came with one troop seat, since I have that as a template, I will make a new set of troop seats. This should be a fun project. I also have one busted bow, and the others are quite rotten, this is the next step. I dont have a complete canvas cover, I only have the od green front and rear canvas covers (can anyone help me out with this one) so I just need the main cover. then finally paint and I am also figuring a spray in bed liner. By trade I am an aviation structural mechanic, so this form of wrench turning will be a welcome change to things. I will keep updated with the project as things come along, any advise, comments, and possible warnings would be appreciated.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
there are TONS of troopseats out there for 5 tons that dont fit a deuce. All you need is one of them and you'll have all the metal parts you need. Just add wood.

rattlecan6104

well, I finished the rails, The section behind the cab was composite and was repainted. the side rail posts were stripped, primed and painted, the hardware and wood were discarded and replaced (wood was rotten) Paint was krylon camo series, replacement wood was pre-primed cedar at home depot, ripped to proper length. this part of the project cost about $100, and though it isnt restoration specific, it is better than white and rust, and is the look I am after. The next step is bows, I have acquired lumber from a salvage yard that will be used, I will post pics of that project when it comes underway.

Attachments