• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 Rebuild project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilChevyguy

The seats are an great mod...love the split rears the most....I think if I lined the box of my M1010...I could rent it out as a Milspec limo!!!!

Amazing creativity on this site...you guys keep the brain working overtime

on1wheel01

Lol thanks man. And I got a call from the shop building my drive shaft it should be finished in a few days. Also I installed the front drive shaft yesterday so that's one less thing to do.

on1wheel01

Ok guys after waiting and waiting. I called the shop repairing my custom drive shaft. He said the part came in and he just spoke with them (he says that every time it seems sounds fishy). But he said he has been busy and hasn't been able to pick it up. So I let it be known I was aggravated and said I would go pick it up in the morning and wait on him top install it. So should be going tomorrow. It's about time. I'm pretty excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

on1wheel01

Ok guys I have been driving Sarg for about 2 weeks. Man it is a blast to drive, slow as **** but wow....
I do need to add a tach to it as I wonder what I am doing as far as rpm on the interstate(wondering if I am ok to make a hour trip or not at 70 mph).

on1wheel01

I got a one piece third row seat from a Tahoe that I'm installing in mine. Prices are ridiculous for seat hardware on a certain auction site. Guess I'll have to make a trip to the local scrap yard and find some....
I have a few left somewhere I didn't need, when I finally clean my garage next week maybe I'll find them lol

on1wheel01

Well guys sad to say I sold Sarg I was basically tired of being so slow. So sold it and went out and bought a 2006 Gto. I will eventually have another military vehicle. So I plan on hanging around.

I also just realized I didn't include the double yolk drive shaft from a 70's Cadillac with the m1009. Anyone around nc have any interest. Figured I would ask as its suppose to be a good upgrade if you're lifted. Feel free to pm me.

The replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.