• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M880

M880Mopar

Hi there! I'm new here, and from the Netherlands. I am Jaap, 18 years old. Last summer I have bought this Dodge M880, this is what it looked like when I bought it:

I painted it last week, this is how it looks now:

I'm going to lift it slightly and I will put some 36" hummertires on it in a while and the rims are going to be painted black, this chrome just doesn't look right:wink:

Anyway, I love to drive my truck here in Holland, i've always been a huge fan of american cars and it was my dream to own one myself. Especially as a first car:cool: I have worked my butt off to buy it, and that's why I am very proud of it. Hope you guys like it too, you have a very nice site/forum!

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome to the site and good job troop!!:)

I especially like the idea that you are 18yrs old, wanted something and "worked your butt off to get it!!" That's how it should be done![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

Attachments

Very nice! We must have left behind in Europe a lot of equipment over the years. A 1976 Dodge W200 (M880 series) is just the old skool kind of truck you need, although I think petrol must be pretty high in cost over there.

M880Mopar

True, if I convert the petrol price here it's about 9-10 dollars per gallon at the moment, that ain't funny anymore if your truck drinks alot. That's why it's running on propane (LPG) like almost every American car overhere. The price of propane here is about a third of the price of petrol.

That's a clever idea. It hasn't caught on over here yet, but it's not a difficult conversion and I have seen vehicles that are set up to run on LPG. (Mainly taxis) Good luck to you and enjoy your truck. You need to get some proper Army truck wheels to replace those chrome horrors you have on it now. rofl

srs78

Hello there and welcome! Nice truck! One of the trucks I have is an ex-U.S. Government vehicle assigned and used at a Voice of America relay station. Though not official an MV (Military Vehicle) it was used along side a number of U.S. Air Force M880 and CUCV's during it's time in active service. I have restored and modified with whatever resources were available to me. It's a 1985 PowerRam w350 dually with the 360 cid, NP235 tranny with NP205 transfer case, Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear axles. I plan to remove the wheel simulators soon and keep the original steel rim look.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Truck looks great, thats pretty neat with the lpg fuel....hmmm. Hey, if you can, you need to post the pics through the site, so we can see them when your links go bad....think long term. Thanks.:popcorn::nothingfunny::grd:

m880 unimog

welcome to the wonderful world of sss-mopars and trucks-thats great that of all the things a young man could choose to buy with his hard earned money-he chose a dodge-RESPECT-

and yes get those pictures up here-photobucket onl;y seems to last a few weeks.