• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new 211

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a list of what you need. I may have some stuff in the scrap pile. I've already tossed some stuff. I'm meeting the Jim and Maccus in 3 weeks at Custer SD. I'm bringing some parts for them. Jim could get them to Cheyanne WY. I'll PM you my phone number. Gimme a call.
Dan
Actually, you are already bringing Jeff the mirrors.......

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Snow and ice for the next couple days again so back to the Vietnam Truck to finish the brake job. Next post will be when i get into the engine to find the leak causing the water/oil mixture in the engine.
Jeff, you need to pick up all these parts from the garage (and the bleeder)-by the way it's full!:whistle:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, you are already bringing Jeff the mirrors.......
I have some other stuff for him if I can find it. Messed up my wrist loading your axle by myself in the mud today. Have some clunking and popping in there now. Makes noises when I squeeze it. Probable shouldn't squeeze it, but it feels so good when I stop.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as the glass goes, Gunfreak posted the sizes and replacment pics in his thread. I would look back at his and just order new from a local glass shop. I think I paid $30 each new. The old stuff tends to be bubbled, broken and seperated, IF you can find it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some other stuff for him if I can find it. Messed up my wrist loading your axle by myself in the mud today. Have some clunking and popping in there now. Makes noises when I squeeze it. Probable shouldn't squeeze it, but it feels so good when I stop.
You realize I just need the hubs? Maybe 15 lbs ea??????:whistle:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had some confusion with the meeting time. I thought he texted "I'll be there in 10 minutes." What he really ment was I'm going to get a haircut and lunch so don't come today because I won't be here to help you like I said, besides it is too muddy and I don't feel like it and the door will be locked so you cannot use my tools and it is only 52 miles each way and my dogs hate you so don't even try to get out of the truck.
After the dog and I came to terms, I lifted 1 end of the axle/tires/rims assembly on a pile of M135 tires and rims and then lifted it into the pickup. The guy had a 6' tongue welded on the axle tube. That was the source of my problem. Anyway, I'll get the mirrors Wednesday for Jeff.

Attachments

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clunking and popping is VERY bad! :!::!: I am not a doc..I are crew chief on heliocpoter. But when I injured my wrists and got that wonderfuull feeling you describe,:-( It was not just bad, but...well, my only advice is get to a doc as soon as you can and have them look at it. You did some bad stuff in there. If that's a true statement, you might salvage the joint with a friendly visit to the nearest decent surgeon. Good luck!

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they are! I think they deserve a week of your time. I'll take a few days off if you come over. We could tow them to my place with the M220 and my fancy new towbar. :lol:
If there was anyway possible, I'd help you get them home. But I think this is one of those brother bonding moments...:lol:. Hows the wrist?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much improved.
The little dump truck gets me all fiired up. I spoke to the guy who owns the land where it is parked. He says it can stay where it is.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much improved.
The little dump truck gets me all fiired up. I spoke to the guy who owns the land where it is parked. He says it can stay where it is.
Cool, Glad they can stay put. The mirror heads weren't in there too? (guess I do have a NOS set here though).

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post #5 or 6, can't remember?

Truck is on hold:-(. Same sit as with the Vietnam truck I'm doing, wants vs have to haves. Any commitments i've made will be kept but won't be making any new ones until sit changes. I can do a lot that don't cost things, those are free. but that fancyy paint job etc. is on hold.

Adapt, Improvise and Overcome, these things too shall pass.

Jeff