• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Trailer Collection.

FloridaAKM

Why sell them, you lose all bragging rights & future high end potential sales!

JK

Buying them & the ensuing recovery is fun, after that they are like puppies; you can't sell them to recover your $$$ & you don't want to give them away either. I would not want to miss the experience of owning a back yard full of them!

gottaluvit

Why sell them, you lose all bragging rights & future high end potential sales!

JK

Buying them & the ensuing recovery is fun, after that they are like puppies; you can't sell them to recover your $$$ & you don't want to give them away either. I would not want to miss the experience of owning a back yard full of them!
I agree. I am in no hurry to move any. So I can part with them only if someone wants one more than I do. I would prefer a M101A2, but this brakeless unit will do in the meantime. I like the air over hydraulic of the M105A2s to pull behind the 5 ton. I am anxious to put one to work.

General Hood

Nice collection of trailers gottaluvit. I betcha one of our fav auction sites can help you out with that M101A2. I picked one up last week for starting bid price, stakes, panels, tarp included :)

gottaluvit

I lost my "regular" job when Ormet closed, but I bought a small motel that I rent out as apartments to out of town workers. Usually in the gas and oil industry. That and work my M929. I worked at Bridgeport Auto about 15 years ago. I knew the owners.

gottaluvit

Added to the collection this past week. Got an M101A2 that needs some cosmetic help. A good bit of peeling paint and surface rust.
20160204_123145.jpg

The M1061A1 however, is in excellent condition. Everything works like new and the paint is perfect, other than the bottom of the landing gear feet. It came with one box bolted on the deck and today I relocated it to the tongue.

gottaluvit

Added to the collection this past week. Got an M101A2 that needs some cosmetic help. A good bit of peeling paint and surface rust.
View attachment 606859

The M1061A1 however, is in excellent condition. Everything works like new and the paint is perfect, other than the bottom of the landing gear feet. It came with one box bolted on the deck and today I relocated it to the tongue.
Well, upon a more stringent inspection, I see some older forklift damage to one of the master cylinder air chambers. The way I know this is older damage is the rust on the scratches that were made on the bottom of the trunion. Yet no evidence of a second fork under there. Seeing this put two and two together for me. Driving it home, I noticed as I hit the brakes hard enough to lock (on loose cinders) that the rear axle locked but not thre front one. So I felt the hubs and the rearmost axle was indeed warmer than the front one. I just took it as being by design, but now see it isn't.
20160208_082729.jpg
20160208_082801.jpg

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Well, that chamber was a pretty easy fix. I took it off, straightened the bent side of the chamber, and reinstalled it. Had a little thread damage, but with patience (having the pushrod in the way) the threads got cleaned. That metal them chambers are made of is pretty heavy duty. It took some special engineering, but I made it happen. It now sits flush. I road tested it and still the rearmost axle locks first going forward and the front axle locks first going backwards.

20160208_093402.jpg
20160208_101413.jpg
20160208_105459.jpg

Last edited: