• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My step side Bob deuce

Blythewoodjoe

Well, I have almost finished by BOB that I have been working on for a year. I wanted something different so I put a generator trailer bed on the back and added smooth solid sides. I had a M105 bed on it and just didn't like it. I hate the way the back finders sit higher and are so small. I then cut down some deuce fenders and bolted them to the side.

I took it to the "sportsman classic" show in Columbia SC yesterday for my cousin to have sitting next to his stuff. He sells truck hitches and stuff like that and he thought it might "draw" some attention. Anyway I had to trailer it because I didn't have time this week to get a tag for it.

I hope to finish it up this week and have it on ebay by mid-week. I built this one to sell and it will be the last. It's too much work not to keep it. The bed was a lot of work but I think it looks good. Here's a few pictures of the ALMOST finished truck. The tail lights are housed in two sch. 40 weld caps. I don't think stepping on them will hurt them.

Joe

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

Looks Good. What are those taillights off of?
The lights are the common trailer lights you get places for $6, cut down a little with 24 volt bulbs in them.

The wheels are OD Iron. I picked them up last year at the Florida rally. I also wanted to keep it as short as possible so it would park most anywhere. It steers so much better than a regular deuce. I can drive it around with one hand except for tight spots.

waayfast

NICE JOB!! Thanks for posting this Idea!I have a parts truck with clear Idaho title I would like to "bob" but all the 105 trailers I find are either too far away or too spendy. But there is a generator trailer 3 miles away available for cheap I've already looked at but didn't think it would work. Now what did I do with Marty's phone number----------??:p
Did you use the suspension of the trailer for the rear of the truck?? Thanks,Jim

exbrown

I am bobbing one of my Deuces for my son. I just bought a M105A1 trailer for this purpose.

After looking at your Deuce, I think I may try and do something similar. I like the M105A1 trailer look better than the straight cut down Deuce bed, but I like your even better.

Good Job!

KsM715

MWMULES is putting a 105 bed on his M818 and used a plasma cutter to cut out the fenders to make it a straight side. Looks like it wouldnt be to hard to do that and just make the opening larger to match the front fenders. Hmmmmm wonder whos closest that would let me use their plasma cutter?

Blythewoodjoe

Sorry folks, but I have been busy and I finally finished most of the truck today and just had time to put it on ebay. Here's what I ended up with.

First off, I read where Wreckerman wanted to put dual exhaust on a bob deuce and I thought that would look nice. BIG MISTAKE. I spent most of the week come up with dual exhaust and I spent way too much money on it. It does look cool though. I run 4" from the turbo flex joint and crossed the truck, when up the side behind the driver and split it with two 3" lines. I then put two 4" stacks over the 3" so it would help with the heat on the pipe. At least that is what I am thinking.

I have the bed hinged in the back so it can be lifted for maintenance. Some said they used a M105 size gen trailer. I almost bought one of those a week earlier but it went too high. I also didn't have a chance to measure it and see if I liked it. It looked like it would fit well though. The dual exhaust worked well because I had room between the cab and bed so I'm pleased with that. Well here's the ebay link if anyone wants it:

M35 deuce bob bobbed shorty military truck 4x4 custom : eBay Motors (item 110515451239 end time Apr-10-10 21:18:11 PDT)

Here's a few pictures with the exhaust and bed finished.

Attachments